ARE THERE DANGEROUS ANIMALS IN THE DESERT?
Desert is home to creepy-crawlies like scorpions, spiders and snakes which prefer low lying areas. The camps are usually pegged up in the clear but they may be visited by these unwelcome guests.
- Pick-up and drop-off in a 4WD vehicle
- Dune bashing
- Sunset photography
- Camel riding
- Henna tattooing
- Belly dancing
- Quad biking (surcharge AED 30)
- Sand skiing (surcharge AED 20)
- Aromatic Sheesha pipes
- Arabic coffee and fresh dates
- Bar (upon payment)
- Traditional costume photography
- Mineral water and soft drinks
- Dinner BBQ Buffet
- Sleeping bag and blankets
HOW SHOULD MY DRESSING BE?
Deserts are colder in the night and warm during the day. So loose fitting clothing will be adequate on summer days and jackets in winter.
AMENITIES & SERVICES
- Deluxe Hotels
- Swimming Pool
OUR TARRIFS INCLUDE
Do check with your tour operators if they offer washrooms facility. Nothing spoils a trip more than having to attend nature's call in the dunes.
THINGS TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT
- Do check with your tour operators if they offer washrooms facility. Nothing spoils a trip more than having to attend nature’s call in the dunes.
- Bring a tripod along if possible, especially if you are on an overnight desert safari. The transition of dusk to dawn in a desert is mesmerising and you can create a time lapse of these twilight hours.
- Bars and belly dancing are not operational in Ramadan or during religious holidays.
- Leave unnecessary gadgets and tech behind. Signal reception is poor if not null in the desert. Moreover, there are no charging points for your devices.
- Avoid bringing big luggage along with you. The vehicles do not have enough room for unnecessary belongings.
- Dune bashing and desert trips are not suitable for pregnant women or people with spinal problems.
- If you get motion sickness, hate rollercoaster or are travelling with children, then dune bashing is a big no. You can opt for a wildlife drive instead.
- It would definitely be wise to carry a camera.
IS PICK-UP AVAILABLE FROM PRIVATE RESIDENCIES?
Most tour operators offer pick-up from wherever in Dubai you ask them to.
- American Express